Buying a home is one of the most exciting, complex and stressful times for most people. As a buyer, first you need to have the confidence and assurance that services are given with integrity in mind before viewing your first home.
Stop Shopping for a Home Alone
Have representation - get a buyer's Realtor® Agent.
You could be losing money! Call & find out why.
Laura would love to explain why you should never go without a buyer's Realtor® agent.
Build a "Financial Profile Package" - This file should contain all of your important financial documents which you will need to secure the financing for your new home. The typical Financial Profile Package should include:
- Obtain a Loan Pre-Qualification or Approval Letter
- Bank Account Information
- Credit Card Balances
- Auto or Personal Loans
- Pay Stubs for 2-3 Months
- Tax Returns for 2 Years
Pre-Approval Letter - Most buyers do not obtain a pre-approved letter before they start shopping for a new home. This is a critical and a time-saving necessary step that every home buyer needs to do at the very beginning of this home buying process, before they start seriously looking at homes in the market.
Check Your Credit Rating - Check your credit rating with a credit reporting agency such as Equifax, Experian and/or Trans Union. There also are private credit monitoring agencies that will allow you to manage your credit scores by consolidating all 3 major reports to one manageable area, alert you when your credit score changes or if you need to dispute data from your report, etc. such as www.myfico.com.
Be Aware of Your Spending & Acquisitions - Now is NOT a good time to make large purchases, such as an automobile or make a job change. You want to show your potential lenders that you are in a stable financial position.
Why Choose Laura Hill
The process of buying a home requires making many critical, important financial & personal decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. You always will want to have an expert like Laura Hill in your corner when undertaking such a large investment. As a member of the National Association of Realtors & the Houston Association of Realtors, Laura Hill will guide & help you through every single step of the complex process. You can rest assured that Laura pledges her talents by having her client's best interest at heart, thus will provide her clients with:
- Superior Service, Communication, Knowledge & Experience
- Cost Effective Practices
- Innovation thru technologies
- Team Strength & Expert Solutions
- Loyalty, Integrity, Building Strong Relationships
Now that you have all of those preparations out of the way, it's time to find the home of your dreams. With Laura Hill as your realtor, she will:
- Save you time by narrowing down your search with access to multiple databases with your criteria.
- Show you properties that have not officially made it on the general market yet.
- Setup appointments to visit the homes.
- Create detailed comparative analysis in the market area desired to get valuable information for present & future value of the home.
- Provide critical school information.
- Show you how to make the "right" offer which will save you money.
- Provide potential costs of maintenance & repairs on a home.
Escrow, Inspections & Appraisal
Continuing on through the complex process of the escrow, inspections & appraisals, Laura will guide you through each step of the way.
- Select a Title Company in order to hold all instruments, deed & escrow necessary for the sale.
- Professional inspectors evaluate all major systems and structure to create a report for the buyers.
- Appraisal specialists will determine the value of the property.
- Setup homeowner's insurance.
Most of the hard work is out of the way and there are a few more items to complete before you can move into the home of your dreams, but do not stress out, Laura Hill will be there for your questions or concerns while making sure the Title Company, Inspectors, Appraisers, & Lenders do their job swift & correct for each step.
- Final Inspection: A few days before move-in, one last inspection takes place to insure everything is set.
- Utilities: Setup to transfer utilities into buyer's name to be effective on day of closing.
- Closing Escrow: Title Company will provide a "Closing Statement", where you sign all final documents, including loan documents ("Deeds of Trust"), provide any down payments & closing costs to escrow.
- Title Company will record the transaction at the County Tax Assessor's Office.
- Buyers are now home owners and get the keys to their dream home.